October 9, 2011

Jordan

I dreamt of you today. We were at the place we worked at together and I saw your head looking around a corner at me, your hair red and messy like it would get when you were being funny and goofing around...You smiled at me and then I smiled and laughed because I was happy to see you and you were alive, I thought you were alive again, I thought it was real. Then you were standing next to me suddenly, this time your hair was black and longer like it used to be...and then I noticed the huge gash on the right side of your skull...it looked like it was healing I think, but it was in the same place it would've been. I asked why you were so short suddenly, I was confused, you weren't as tall as you used to be, but you just smiled and hugged me. You never say anything to me. You always just smile. Then I woke up in my dark room and ran out to the living room. I sat on the couch and told someone you had just visited me, and then I felt your presence in the hallway. I said you're coming back for me. I felt someone about to enter the room, I thought it was you, it wasn't. It was something 7 foot tall, wearing a long coat. It's head just a blank white mask floating on top of where the neck should've been but wasn't. Light blue eyes looked out at me from behind the featureless mask. It attacked me and I woke up from my dream within a dream. I woke up and you were still dead. I woke up and my world fell away at my feet. I woke up and felt the pain of you dying all over again because I didn't realize I was dreaming, all I know was you were in front of me again, smiling and I thought it was real. I woke up and my heart raced, hurting from adrenaline...I woke up and I wished I was dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment