February 29, 2012

Past-life Regression

Do we fade away, or melt back into what we once were? Do we become something entirely different?

I wish I could pause this life and then exit quietly just to see what's past this, and then if I don't like it, resume.

Are memories leaking through?

Thoughts, memories, they're all we really have of ourselves. So many say not to live in the past, but it's the only thing that's known, that's reliable, that we can count on. The past is all we know. The future is uncertain. The future may not exist at all.
The past holds the key to everything, it shapes the future. The future is a mewling baby drenched in the sweat and tears and grime of the past.
The past is us, and we are the past.

Do we really exist, or are we just dreaming?
Am I waking up, or am I just crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment